Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Guru







 I know a person,
A person whose life is nothing extraordinary, yet she lived it in the most extraordinary way,

I know a person,
A person who always  had a choice, a choice between duties and freedom, and she chose duties all her life. 

I know a person, 
A person whose eyes reflect struggle but they also have a shine of pride. 

I know a person, 
a person who gave meaning to my life by compromising the meaning of her life .

I know a person,
a person who taught me  the importance of duties over self. 

I know a person, 
a person who showed me the meaning of love and imparted me with the joy  of sharing love. 

I know a person, 
a person whose acts of kindness are now the living examples which guide my life .


She is my guru, the guru who taught me to live life..

Love you Ma, on this occasion of Guru purnima  I pray tribute to thee... 

12 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Awesome tribute! May God bless you with the ability of being able to live the legacy of the person who you love the most!

In Malayalam, which is my language by birth, they say "Mata, Pita, Guru, Daivam"

Guess that explains it all!

Arnav said...

@ Rakesh -
I hope I do ...
Thanks

Unknown said...

Malayalam is my mother tongue too..
Ma is God personified.
God can't be everywhere, so he made mothers, right?

Arnav said...

@ Netha -
True :) Very true :) she is the Best gift god could could ever bless us with ..

Gautam Anand said...

Hi Arnav...
This piece is ..Easily ur best till date ..
Infact any praise of mother would always be less than what she deserves..

In b/w.. I have returned to the blogosphere.. after 3 mnths.. and I am awaiting.. ur word on it.. whther I still knw hw to wrtie :)

Ninju said...

Good one chatter ...

WritingsForLife said...

aww.... this is so wonderful :=)

Arnav said...

@ Gautam

Thanks a lot :)

Arnav said...

@ ninju -

Thanks :)

Arnav said...

@ Raaji - Thanks :)

Ritika said...

Beautiful..

I love these senti kind of blogs!!
left with a tear in my eye! :))

Arnav said...

@ Ritika

Thanks a lot :) Mothers are such adorable gifts from god , that anything you write about mothers becomes adorable :)